Cleanliness is Godliness: How to Clean Your Diffuser
Keeping your diffuser clean prolongs its life and ensures a pure aromatherapy experience. Over time, particles and debris build up in the diffuser, clogging up the mist vent and preventing your diffuser from working properly. This can cause an overload, as the diffuser works overtime to spray mist. These particles and debris are scented with the past essential oils you’ve used, tainting your aromatherapy with different scents. You should clean your diffuser every time you change essential oils. If you don’t change essential oils often, clean your diffuser once every three days or so. This will ensure you get the purest form of your current essential oil and will also help keep particles out of the machine.
- Turn off and unplug the diffuser.
- Fill the water tank about half way with clean water (stop well before the max line).
- Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar.
- Plug it in and turn it on.
- Let it run for about 3 – 5 minutes so the vinegar will disperse through the whole unit.
- Turn off and unplug the diffuser
- Drain the diffuser completely.
- Dip a cotton swab in vinegar and wipe down the corners and crevices of the diffuser.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Use a dry cloth or cotton swab to wipe and dry the diffuser. Let sit to air-dry further.