Spring Project for Kids Using ZAQ Essential Oils
I found the greatest spring project idea using ZAQ Essential Oils. I was so excited, I just had to share it with you! I have a craft club that I run for an after school program, and we are going to make this for our preschool students. I love it and I think you will, too!
We are going to make Homemade Playdough with Essential Oils! Now, I've made playdough before with kids but this one uses essential oil and it gives it an amazing smell that kids will love!
This recipe makes a great playdough without the oil, but scented makes it more fun for kids. To make it scented, simply add 1-2 drops of ZAQ essential oil per color. Here are a few suggestions: lavender for purple, orange or tangerine for orange, lemon for yellow, and Eucalyptus for green. Remember essential oils are powerful, so it doesn’t take much to get a scent and the therapeutic benefits.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Tbsp Cream Of Tartar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cups Boiling Water
Food Coloring and ZAQ Essential Oils
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a large metal bowl. Mix.
2. Create a well in the middle of your dry mixture. Add olive oil followed by the boiling water.
3. Quickly stir dry and wet ingredients.
4. Leave until cool enough for you to touch and knead.
5. You have two options. You can do one color for one batch (that is a lot of one single color) or like me you can separate the batch into a few balls and make different colored smaller balls. If you wish to make one large batch I suggest you add the food coloring with the wet ingredients. If you wish to make a selection of colors out of one single batch then after creating your individual balls, make a well in the middle of each ball and add your desired colors. The amount of food coloring depends on whether you want a light colored playdough or a vibrant colored selection (I'm going to add a lot!). This is completely up to you. Once you have added your food coloring, knead until the dough and food coloring is mixed well and has an even color. Finally, put in an airtight container, or Ziplock baggie, and you have wonderful, scented playdough! (Add 1-2 more drops of essential oil when it begins to lose it scent.)
Credit for this wonderful idea goes to Pastel and Macarons! Using ZAQ Essential Oils credit goes to me!
How do you use essential oils in crafts?