Spring Cleaning With Essential Oils
As I try to rid myself of winter and open my door to spring, I realized I had some spring cleaning to do! I absolutely love using essential oils because unlike cleaners you can buy at the chain stores, essential oils are 100% pure and do not have chemicals added in. I feel safer breathing them as I clean and having my family breathe them as well. I don't want any of us breathing in toxic chemicals! With a little research and some trial and error on my own, I want to share with you some tips to spring cleaning using essential oils to keep your family safe.
- Use ZAQ Essential Lemon Oil to remove permanent marker from wood furniture and counter tops.
- Use ZAQ Tea Tree Oil in your diffuser to kill mold
- Use ZAQ Tea Tree Oil and ZAQ Eucalyptus Oil (4 drops each) in a spray bottle with warm water to get rid of shower curtain scum
- To clean your air ducts, spray a few drops of ZAQ Tea Tree Oil and/or Eucalyptus Oil to a clean filter to kill pathogens and neutralize odors.
- Add a few drops of your favorite ZAQ Essential Oil on the inside of a toilet paper roll. When the paper is removed from the roll, it dispenses the wonderful smell of the oil.
- On the bottom of your trash bins, sprinkle a little baking powder and a few drops of ZAQ Essential Oil to keep it smelling fresh.
- To get rid of that smelly shoe smell, add a few drops of ZAQ Tea Tree Oil and Lemon Oil inside the shoe.
- Add a few drops of ZAQ Lemon Oil to your dishwasher for a great shine.
- Add a drop or two of ZAQ Essential Oil to a damp cloth and throw it in the dryer with your towels for a wonderful scent.
- Disinfect your sponge with ZAQ Lemon Oil between uses.
- To get rid of pesky bugs and repel spiders, spray ZAQ Peppermint Oil around windows or doors.
- Freshen up silk flowers by using a spray bottle mixed with ZAQ Lavender Oil and mist lightly.
- Finally, my favorite since I have dogs is the carpet deodorizer. Use 12 drops ZAQ Lavender Oil with 1-ounce baking soda. Mix well and sprinkle on the carpet. Let this sit for 20 minutes and then vacuum.
I don't especially love to clean but I do like my house clean and safe for my family. I really like it best when it smells good, too. I like these tips and tricks because they make my house smell fresh and clean as well as being clean. Please feel free to share some of your own tips and tricks to spring cleaning using essential oils. Somehow, it just makes cleaning more fun!